Saturday, June 23, 2012

Refreshing Lavender Lemonade



I made this last night as a nice treat for the weekend. It chilled overnight, I tried it this morning and ohhhh soooo refreshing!
  • 8 cups filtered water
  • 2 tsp spoonable stevia (I used Xylitol)
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • 1/8 cup dried lavender (or 1/4 cup fresh lavender flowers)
  • 1 cup fresh lemon juice (I juiced my own with organic lemons)
  • lemon slices or blueberries (optional)


Combine 4 cups of water, stevia, lavender, and lemon zest in a pan.  Bring to a boil and simmer until water turns a light shade of pink - about 10 minutes.  Strain sauce and discard flowers.  Pour into a pitcher and add the lemon juice and remaining water.  Serve over ice with lemon slices or blueberries.

Inspired Tip: Definitely use organic lemons for this one and freshly squeeze or juice the lemons. It makes ALL of the difference in the taste.

1 comment: