Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Your (ex)Boyfriend Said WHAT To You??!!?!?

Yup. That's what he said. For realz. "If you don't lose weight you're going to have trouble with your joints."


Here's what you have to understand. I MAY need to lose 10-15lbs; mostly I need to rid my body of some visible fat. According to the medical profession or any other profession or definition, I am not OBESE. So when I heard this concerned comment about my joints, I was appalled. I thought wow, I must look fatter than I realized in order for someone who cares about me to say THAT


I needed to know for myself that my (ex)boyfriend loved me for who I am, just the way I am so I didn't do anything about my physical condition until last week when I visited a Maximized Living Heath Centre near me. Most of my friends laughed when I told them what the (ex)BF said to me because they thought it was so ridiculous but somehow....... those words haunted me. I tried to love myself regardless and continued to carry on eating the crap I was eating and not exercising regularly. I never thought that those words would ever be anything but a source of negativity to me but guess what?! I now use those words to motivate me (that's not all that motivates me). 


There's one photo you'll never see of me and that's one that involves a walker or a wheelchair because my "joints gave out."






Inspired Tip: If you have an idiot in your life who tells you you're too fat - get rid of him (or her). Then RUN (don't walk) to a Maximized Living Health Centre in your area and get on the path to making yourself feel good for YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment